Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My love, it'll be (Just Like) Starting Over

Along with a long line of different ways to use maple syrup, there's this tradition in Quebec where people fill tiny ice cream cones with dark maple and top it off with sucre à la crème. These are sold pretty much everywhere you can find food, all year round - in farmer's markets, corner stores, grocery stores, etc. Last Sunday (like every Sunday), my friend and I went to Jean Talon Market and bought some. I just finished my first cornet and am now replete with maple-fueled ecstasy.
So this is my life in Montreal.

I have been up since about 10:30, have had one cup of coffee, and am seriously deliberating with myself whether or not I want another before I head to school to run some pre-semester errands (buy gym pass - on credit, thank you- as well as figure out some OHIP form thing).

I feel almost back to normal now.

2 comments:

Abood said...

Have you tried the maple-syrup-on-ice-on-a-stick thingy? It's so, so good!

Jessica said...

Tire sur la neige OF COURSE. They have it at Jean Talon Market every tapping season. I know you're a vegetarian but you need to break it at some point for Cabane a sucre season.