Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Next year will be all about Mao.
We've been planning, Future Roomie and I (let's called her "Sarah", for that is her name), and while we're missing a few fundamental details (like where we'll live and how much we want to spend for rent), we've made some pretty solid decisions.
First: We'll have a shrine for Chairman Mao Tze-Tung in our medicine cabinet (hidden enough to not be suspicious, but always there to surprise bathroom snoopers).
Second: We'll have a [possibly invisible] cat that we'll call The Chairman, and leave pet dishes and toys all over the place and say things like, "It's The Chairman's birthday today!" and "The Chairman felt a bit sick earlier, so I gave it some Tylenol and hopefully that'll do that trick."

So we're off to a rolling start, I think.


I've been clicking through all the China photo albums on Facebook again. It's kind of turned into an activity I do when I'm discontent with where I am now. Kind of peaceful, rehashing all those memories. I still can't believe that it happened; that we were there, together, for two weeks. I realize now that I can't really complain that I've got a boring life anymore, after all that's happened in the past seven months.

18 was a good year.

And where am I now? Still swimming, I guess. Res is getting tiring, but I think we've all begun to accept that we can't be on all the time around each other. My schedule is perfectly balanced and I wouldn't change a thing about it. My love life has turned from nonexistent to freakishly confusing (and not just nonexistent and confusing --- but actually full-out messed up. And probably my fault). Montreal is still a gorgeous city, and I'm seeing more and more of it.

So really? Life is good.

Five Songs For Blogging Away Mid-Day Under The Covers In A Yellow-Tinged Room:
5) And She Was - The Talking Heads
4) Hands Open - Snow Patrol
3) Gold - Interference
2) Cheers, Darling - Damien Rice
1) Cold, Cold Heart - Norah Jones

Enjoy the rest of the week.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

at least you got the difficult stuff out of the way. like figuring out the birth date of your invisible cat. i know i still have no idea when mine's is...

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to visit when you get your new place. I like that you'll be leaving easter eggs for snoopers.

Rachel said...

uh.. i hope you never actually give your pet tylenol.