Thursday, December 6, 2007

Home!

It feels like somebody keeps pressing a "Pause" button on my Toronto life when I leave, and I go back to school and live a whole other life and feel grown up because I never have to be back at any certain time and I have words like "Metro" and "Dépanneur" incorporated into my daily vocabulary and I am in charge of when I sleep and what I eat; and when I have a long weekend or an extra break, I'll take a train (which maybe doubles into a time machine) and go back to High School Jess who has parents calling her at 6:00, asking her if she'll be back for dinner, and turns the key and pushes the door open to see someone else there.

Whew. That was a run-on sentence.

I highly suggest anyone who is able to, to go downtown (Toronto) to see the Christmas windows within the next few days, when the weather is still relatively bearable and the snow is white and crisp.

Last night, around 11:00 when everyone was asleep, I made Apple Cinnamon tea and sat in front of the television watching The Daily Show.

I don't think I'll be ready to go back to Montreal in a while.

1 comment:

tarajoy said...

mm. i have to go see the windows. !